Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shame to Bloggers

Hello my fashionable, floundered following. As of late Giles and I have been reading the fashion feed to our utter despair. Bloggers morals need a serious head check. If you are reviewing something, then DO IT. We don't want to sit here and watch you take pretty pictures of yourself wearing shit and say NOTHING about it.

A review copy is not a gift. It is not a bribe to get you to look into some ones shop. If it’s awful then say so.

I cant help but see hundred of heinous items grace the feed and if its not poor products then it’s the level of blogging. Ana Lutetia is by far the worst criminal for this her pictures actually have no description, no critique, except a list of items used beneath it. Honestly... if I wanted to see hundreds of photos of her I would look at her flickr account. (She has a lovely flickr account.) We don’t need them cluttering up what should be insightful fashion news. Don’t get me wrong, though... she’s hardly the only one guilty. Just the first one that comes to mind. There's others - Assembly Challenged, Deux Looks... they don't review. Some of them simply claim to; what they're really doing is playing dollies and screaming, "Look. I'm hot. Aren't I hot? Am I hot? LOVE ME."

The relationship between Designers and Bloggers is symbiotic they both need each other but the blogging side should act as a form of assessment. Please try to stick to that.

Sitting on my morally fashionable cloud...

Pierre

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First of all, thank you for the critic and for the compliment. Feedback, if constructive, is always appreciate.

Lately I hadn't had much time to make a full post about what I review but that is no excuse (and I don't intend to be).
I don't really know what people expect/want/need to read in a review (and I am still learning English)...

The blog didn't start to be a fashion blog, that just happened. It's still my blog about my Slife - I hope.

Most bloggers don't make bad reviews because they don't want to ruin somebody's careers but you are right in one thing: is by learning from mistakes that people get better in what they do.

As for me, I don't post about things I hate. Sometimes, I post about things I wouldn't wear because they aren't my style. I've sent some notecards about not revieweing their items...
So, I don't blog about all I receive. I blog most of it. And I don't receive much stuff.

Other thing: not all designers feel that symbiosis about bloggers. Some of them think that bloggers are only people expecting freebies...
My opinion on this is that if I advertise someone's creation I shouldn't (at least) spent my Lindens on it because the creator will be making sales because I am wearing their clothes/accessories. That doesn't seem very fair to me...
I don't ask for items. Sometimes, I wish I could do it. And I've heard that some designers treat bad bloggers that ask for it. I don't want to beg and I don't want to hear nasty words.

Now, my review on your post: you should link the blogs you mention.

Feel free to IM in-world. e-mail me or comment on my blog stating what I am doing wrong (or right). I truly believe that is the only to get better and I am a perfectionist. :)